Sunday, October 31, 2004

One More Reason to Love the Internet

Part of appeal of the internet for me is the access it allows to other's memories.

I've frequently been reminded of some game, cartoon, book, or character I loved as a child but forgot amid the pressures of growing up.

It's happened twice in just the last couple of days.

First, I remembered my brother and I owned the Magic Shot Shooting Gallery. I loved this thing. It was a plastic box containing a completely enclosed row of targets you could see through its clear plastic front, A blue plastic gun with a magnetic tip let you pull one of the many ball bearings used as ammo from its resting place in a little groove near the front. When you squeezed the trigger the metal ball would fly toward the target. See what I'm talking about here.

Also, I'd forgotten all about Wacky Packages. These were stickers with parodies of popular product logos on them. For example, "Crust" toothpaste instead of "Crest" and "Badzooka Bubble Gum" rather than "Bazooka." I had completely forgotten these until I found this Web page. A little further research revealed the recent resurging interest in the twisted stickers among Gen Xer's looking for mementos of their childhoods has led Topps, the company that made them, to reissue a new set in May of this year.

Find out where to get yours at their official Web site.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?